MICR Check Printers
If you think you can print your checks safely with just a regular laser printer and a MICR toner cartridge, you should reconsider your line of thinking.
Printing your checks with just a regular laser printer leaves out the question of security, dependability and the quality of your payment processing environment.
That is why Printech offers MICR check printers which are specifically engineered for laser check printing and other negotiable documents. These MICR laser check printers have been designed in ways that are critical for MICR applications sensitive to security and print quality demands and to process your documents in a single pass through the printer, including logo, signatures, customer data and MICR line, all in a secure environment.
Whether you are printing your checks in a distributed environment or printing applications that require a high-performance, high-volume MICR check printer, we can offer you the right printer for the job. From 35ppm and a duty cycle of 100,000 pages per month to 62ppm and 275,000 pages per month.
If you process high volumes of checks or documents, you can take advantage of our Multi Printer software to harness the power of multiple MICR laser check printers by automatically splitting large print files across a cluster or group of printers, delivering virtually unlimited printer speeds.
Quality Assurance Features
- MICR guarantee to ANSI/ABA standards
- Auto density control
- MICR toner sensing
- Low toner warning and auto stop
- Printer compatible MICR fonts
- Regulated fuser temperature for optimal performance
- Encrypted data stream
- Unique three-position MICR key lock to control access to the printer’s resources
- Tray locks
- Secure numeric font – This unique font is very difficult to alter.
- Password Protection - Prevents access to check printing resources stored in the printer (signatures, MICR fonts, form overlays) without the proper password.
- E-13B and CMC 7 MICR fonts
- Audit trail reporting – Generated and stored on the printer
- Printer level password
- Auto jam recovery disable - Automatically turns Jam recovery OFF when checks are being printed – prevents multiple copies of a check from being printed.
- Set-Copy Control - Ensures that a print job only prints once while in MICR mode – prevents fraud by disallowing the printing of multiple copies of a check.
- MICR Toner Detection - Detects whether MICR toner or regular toner is installed in the printer to prevent printing negotiable documents with regular toner.
- Reduces labor, fixed operating costs, and fraud losses whith the deployment of our MICR laser check printers.
- Eliminates pre-printed check stock and the expenses associated with shipping, storage, and security
- Eliminates maintenance on outdated equipment such as dot matrix printers, typewriters, and check-protectors
- Reduces voids, missing checks, and check fraud
- Reduces non-value added activity in the front-office, back-office, accounting, and auditing functions
As an added benefit, when you order your MICR check laser printers together with our robust Check Printing Software, all the available security features in the MICR laser check printers will be seamlessly integrated and available for your protection.
Contact us about our MICR check printers for more information.
We also offer a full selection of Troy, Hewlett-Packard, Source Technologies and Lexmark MICR toner cartridges guaranteed to meet all banking industry standards.